Guest Services Associate Part-Time
Guest Services has several part-time and seasonal opportunities available for friendly and enthusiastic, customer-oriented individuals. We are seeking professionals to assist our front desk with admissions, gift sales, and staffing after-hours events. This is a great opportunity to gain experience while working in a fun and dynamic atmosphere. An ideal candidate for a Guest Services Associate position at Tracy Aviary would be flexible in their hours - typically available for daytime, evenings, weekends, and also for special events and holidays.
- Greet visitors with a cheerful and courteous attitude.
- Maintain accurate count of visitors as well as obtaining zip code information
- Cashier at the admissions gates or gift shop in an accurate manner
- Handle money efficiently and have an attention to detail with all transactions
- Assist with special events
- Answering telephone calls/questions or forwarding calls to the appropriate contact
- Monitoring items brought into Tracy Aviary by visitors (do not allow dogs or other pets, large balls, etc.)
- Organization, cleaning and facing products in the gift shop as well as the other Guest Experience areas
- Setting up and/or hosting birthday parties
- Conducting inventory and stocking supplies
- Providing excellent customer service and handling customer complaints professionally
- Selling memberships
Must speak, read, and write English fluently. Must have basic math and computer skills; familiarity with Point-of-Sale systems a plus. Needs to be responsible, reliable, and show up on time and as scheduled.
Reports to the Guest Services Manager and/or Assistant Manager
This position involves lifting heavy supplies, bending, cleaning and occasional carrying of items. Must be able to work flexible hours, holidays, early and late hours, promotional events and other necessary times as needed according to Guest Services schedule.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
Applications are being accepted immediately.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Human Resources at email@example.com.