The Bird Feeder Cafe - Part-time Attendant/Guest Services
Job Family: Guest Services
Job Title: Concessions Stand Attendant
Job Status: Part time, non-exempt
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Guest Experience Manager and/or Assistant Manager
Job Summary: This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Greet visitors with a cheerful and courteous attitude. Maintain accurate count of visitors as well as obtaining zip code information
· Cashiering at the admissions gates or Bird Feeder in an accurate manner
· Take orders in an accurate manner
· Preparation of fruits and vegetables, coffee, pizza, wraps, smoothies, soft serve, etc.
· Money handling and reconciliation, proper completion of daily admissions report and deposit detail
· Cleaning, washing, and organization of the Bird Feeder
· Answering telephone calls/questions or forwarding calls to the appropriate contact
· Monitoring items brought into Aviary by visitors (do not allow dogs or other pets, large balls, etc.)
· Setting up and/or hosting birthday parties
· Conducting inventory and stocking supplies
· Providing excellent customer service and handling customer complaints professionally
· Selling memberships
· Assisting with special events
· Must have active Food Handler’s Permit
· Must speak, read and write English fluently
· Must have basic math and computer skills; familiarity with Point-of-Sale systems a plus
· Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
· Sips & Tips Certification a plus
Comments: This position involves food handling, lifting heavy supplies, bending, cleaning and occasional carrying of items. Must be able to work flexible hours, holidays, early and late hours, promotional events and other necessary times as needed according to visitor services schedule.
Disclaimer: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
To Apply: Applications are being accepted immediately. Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Janelle Dransfield at email@example.com.