Teacher Tool Kits
We’ve created these teacher tool kits to help teachers across the state incorporate STEAM activities into their classrooms.
Nature Art Teaching Guide
Experience the wonder of nature through art with this one-of-a-kind curriculum guide, provided as a free download.
Dark Skies Teacher Tool Kit
This kit is made possible by a generous partnership with Clark Planetarium!
Explore the connection between birds and the night sky with this classroom set of scientific tools and accompanying curriculum guide! Two Dark Skies Tool Kits are available to rent each month and are only available to schools and community organizations within Salt Lake County. Rental reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pour through over 30 pages of background information and STEAM activities in our Dark Skies Teacher Guide, written by Tracy Aviary and Clark Planetarium educators.
- Study birds, the moon, and more with 32 pairs of Orion 10×50 binoculars fitted with chest harnesses.
- Identify the birds around you with 32 Pocket Naturalist Guides to Utah Birds.
- Get to know the surface of the Moon with 32 Moon Map 260s.
- Find constellations no matter the season with 32 Orion Star Target Constellation and Celestial Object Finders.
- Read your guides at night with 32 RedBeam Mini LED lights.