We are proud to host schools, community groups, and other organizations for field trips to Tracy Aviary year-round. With nine acres and more than 100 species of birds, there is plenty to explore!
Enjoy the Aviary with your group at your own pace with a discounted admission rate!
All groups with 15 or more members are welcome to book a field trip, including:
- District, private, and charter schools
- Homeschool groups
- College classes
- Senior living centers
- Family reunions
- Community center groups
- Camp programs
- and more!
Field Trip Prices
These prices apply to all groups with 15 or more members. For homeschool groups, one adult per household may be considered a teacher and receive free admission.
Field trip pricing DOES NOT apply to Lightwalk admission.
|Senior (age 65+)||$5.00|
|Infant (2 and under)||Free|
|Teachers or Program Staff (up to 10 per group)||Free|
|Title 1 School Group Members||Free|
Groups with 30 or fewer members may add a 45-minute guided tour to their visit for an additional $50.00. You’ll be prompted to add a tour to your visit while using the booking calendar below.
Scholarships are available while funds last!
Pay-what-you-can scholarships are available for all non-Title 1 groups. You’ll be prompted to apply for a scholarship while using the booking calendar below.
Scholarship funds are provided by Chevron.
Field Trip Expectations
All groups including children aged 3-18 must bring one chaperone for every eight children.
We cannot store lunches or other belongings for your group, so make sure to leave them in a vehicle or plan to carry them with you during your visit.
For district, private, and charter schools and homeschool groups: Teachers and chaperones are responsible for their students’ behavior. Failure to follow these expectations may result in your school being disinvited to Tracy Aviary. Please go over the following expectations with your group before your arrival at Tracy Aviary.
- Teachers and chaperones must stay with their assigned students at all times. This applies to all school groups, including middle school and high school.
- Listen to and follow instructions given by teachers, chaperones, and Tracy Aviary staff.
- Respect our grounds by staying on the paths.
- Please do not attempt to touch or feed any of the birds in our care.
- Clean up after yourselves.
Book your Self-Guided Visit Now!
Use the calendar below to start booking your self-guided visit. Field trips must be booked two weeks in advance – the calendar will not allow you to reserve a trip within two weeks of today’s date.
To reserve your field trip, follow these steps:
- Enter “1” in Field Trip Reservation Quantity (no matter how many people you’re planning to bring) then click Add to Cart.
- Fill in the Registration Information as completely as possible, then click Add to Cart again.
- Fill in your Billing Information, then click Checkout. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR YOU FIELD TRIP YET.
- Finish the Checkout process, then relax! We will send you a trip balance after we confirm your reservation (this normally takes about a week).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
If the calendar does not load, please access it by clicking this link.